Bay River Houseboats
Taste a slice of paradise on your own luxury houseboat. An ‘island’ holiday with a difference.
Enjoy a houseboat holiday on the Clyde river. There’s something special about being on the water that lends tranquillity to the spirit. You can escape from Sydney in about four hours, Canberra in less than two and Melbourne in an easy day.
Nestled amongst national park and state forests the beautiful Clyde river meanders slowly from the upper reaches to the Batemans Bay township. There are 38 navigable kilometres of water to explore on the houseboats. Each bend revealing the river’s many moods and faces.
In these clean waters see dolphins bow-ride, pelicans plough for their catch and sea eagles soar surveying their domain. People can swim, fish, water-ski or just laze about sharing the scenery, having a drink and a barbecue or two.
The fishing is excellent and will continue to grow with the Clyde River being nestled in the Batemans Bay Marine Park.
You can drop anchor and explore the historic little riverport of Nelligen where in past times sailing and steam ships plied their trade or sample the many fine restaurants, clubs and venues in Batemans Bay itself.
The choice is yours. We provide the means, you provide the dreams.
Your own island paradise…….
Our large well-equipped vessels make a water–based holiday a great experience. An ideal holiday all year round providing all your creature comforts including fully equipped kitchen, large lounge and dining room, separate bedrooms sleeping up to 10 people and much more.
Sheltered by state forests, the beautiful Clyde River offers 38kms of scenic, clean waterway to enjoy and explore. Swim, fish, ski, bush walk or just sit back, relax and let the world go by.
Cruisin on the Clyde travelling under the Nelligen Bridge
- Four separate bedrooms – two double, two bunk rooms (6 berth has 2 bedrooms).
- Modern kitchen with a microwave and full range of kitchenware, cutlery, crockery and tea towels.
- Spacious living area with modular lounge.
- Extra large dining table.
- Quality carpet, blinds and curtains throughout.
- 12 / 240 power supply (limited). Solar charge for 12V system.
- Four burner gas stove with grill and full size oven.
- Large fridge/freezer plus monster esky on deck.
- Full insulation. Gas space heating.
- Full size shower, toilet and vanity in bathroom.
- Instantaneous gas hot water service.
- 2400 litre town water on board. Built-in sullage tanks.
- Big gas barbecue on front deck. Spacious sun decks – deck furniture provided.
- Dinghy with oars provided and optional motor available.
- Cleaning equipment, toilet paper etc. provided.
- New economical 4 stroke motors.
- Security car parking available.
- Fishing licenses included in price.
- Shade sail over front deck.
- Colour television and DVD.
- Stereo music system with CD and auxillary plug for IPods available.
- Anchor winch and safe moorings provided.
- Safe, easy operation. Orientation course on arrival.
- Full safety equipment. River charts and tide charts provided.
- UHF radio communications – 27MHz Radio control to base.
Red Boat Hire
Hire your red fishing boat from Bay River Houseboats located in Wray street on the water in Batemans Bay.
- Reasonable Hire Rates (hourly, full and half day)
- Modern and safe aluminium boats with sun canopy
- Fishing Licenses supplied
- Bait, tackle and ice
- Rods available for use
- Great for fishing or just a cruise up the magic Clyde River
Fishing Boat Hire Rates
Fishing boats $50 for 2 hours and $15 extra per hour.
Taste a slice of paradise on your own luxury houseboat. An 'island' holiday with a difference.Additional Info